The Best and Healthiest Trees are Cared for Year Round!
You want your tree to be its best. To grow larger. To live longer. To look beautiful.
For that to happen, you need to care for it throughout all the seasons. Water it during dry spells. Mulch in the spring. And, more importantly fertilize your tree when it lacks nutrients.
When you fertilize trees, you’re replacing the necessary minerals and nutrients that are missing from the soil. These nutrients and minerals are essential in the health, beauty and longevity of the tree.
YOUR TREE FERTILIZATION GUIDE
Look no further than DKC for a professional approach to Plant Health Care. DKC provides everything you should know about when, why and what to expect when fertilizing your trees.
WHY SHOULD I FERTILIZE MY TREE?
Fertilizer helps trees stay healthy, beautiful and vigorous.
Trees are tough, but that doesn’t stop outside stressors from trying to shake them. Fertilization gives trees important nutrients, supports tree growth, and contributes to the overall health and vigor of a tree.
DOES MY TREE NEED TO BE FERTILIZED?
In forests, soils have nutrients galore. In our own yards, that’s not often the case.
As we sweep, collect and blow away leaves, twigs and fallen bark, we’re removing potential recycling of nutrients for the soil. Additionally, turf and other plants around our trees often outcompete the trees for available nutrients and water. That’s why we need to fertilize our trees with a carefully crafted program by DKC professionals.
Look for these 5 signs that your tree is lacking nutrients in the soil:
1. Shorter than normal annual twig growth
2. Undersized leaves that are fewer in number
3. Dead branches and branch tips
4. Leaf veins darker than leaf margins
5. Leaves any other color than dark green, such as yellow or purple
If you see these signs, call DKC today for a certified NALP Horticulturalist to inspect and provide an official diagnosis and game plan to return the tree to a healthy and beautiful plant.
WHEN IS THE IDEAL TIME TO FERTILIZE TREES?
Fertilize in the Spring & Fall!
Benefits of Spring Fertilization:
- Supports a new flush of growth during the growing season
- Greens up tree leaves so they stay vibrant through summer and into fall
- Supplies essential nutrients that keep the tree healthy and help it fight off infection
Benefits of Fall Fertilization:
- Helps recover nutrients the soil lost during summertime
- Promotes root growth during the winter (as long as the soil is not frozen)
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT FERTILIZER FOR MY TREE
Call DKC today for a free consultation at 215-860-5066. Our NALP Certified Horticulturists provide educated budget conscious solutions based on the current environment, age, and overall health of the tree.